Have a Question, We Have the Answers
Please view the common questions and answers about weddings at Lanier Islands. This valuable information covers various topics including guests’ accommodation and post ceremony activities for your bridal party.
1. How do I come to view the property and wedding locations?
In order to get all of your questions answered and time to show you all the venues that would work for your wedding, we recommend that you make an appointment with a wedding specialist so that we can ensure that your special day will run flawlessly.
2. Can we visit while another wedding is taking place?
Your wedding specialist will be giving personal attention to the current wedding taking place and unfortunately not be able to meet with you at that time. Please ask about an alternative time that the Wedding Specialist can give you their undivided attention and focus on your Lake Lanier wedding details.
3. We are also looking to host a bridal luncheon, rehearsal dinner & farewell brunch, can you handle these and if so where?
Your guests don’t have to leave the islands for your weekend wedding festivities. We have many options for venues for each of these events. With all the different events for your wedding weekend, we can give your guests a different experience at each one or tie all of them together with a common theme. We have special menus created for such events, or we can help you customize a menu that fit your personal tastes.
4. Can the location be used for both the ceremony and reception?
If this is something you are interested in doing, we do have several locations that the ceremony and reception are adjacent to one another.
5. Can I have just my ceremony at Lanier Islands?
We require that both the ceremony and reception or the reception only be held here.
6. Are there times when the price of the wedding is discounted?
Non-Saturday weddings (excluding holiday weekends) are discounted. Ask your Wedding Specialist for details.
7. Do you have onsite wedding planners and coordinators or can we bring in our own?
The Event Specialist provided by Legacy Weddings is responsible for communicating the details of your Special Day. We suggest securing a Wedding Coordinator to assist with the many facets of planning your event. We have a list of Wedding Coordinators/Planners we can recommend.
8. If I am out of state and worried about planning, are you able to help me?
Absolutely! Our Event Specialists are available to answer questions through email, phone conversations, and mail to make sure that all the details are covered. We have a set list of vendors we can recommend to also assist with planning.
9. Does the wedding package include other vendors like a photographer and officiant?
Our package does not include these vendors. The outside vendors you would be responsible for booking are your officiant, florist/decorator, photographer, videographer, and music for both the ceremony and reception. Your wedding specialist can provide you with a list of recommended vendors.
10. Do I have to use your vendors or can I bring in my own?
We do have a recommended vendor list but you are also welcome to utilize your own vendors. All entertainment must show proof of insurance.
11. What happens if it rains the day of the wedding?
At no additional cost, we can move your ceremony inside to your reception location in the case of inclement weather. If you would like to guarantee a separate ceremony back up location, we can hold an additional space for you for a fee.
The decision to move an event indoors due to inclement weather will be made mutually with the Bride/Groom, Wedding Specialist and Banquet Manager. Of course we try our best to wait out the rain or work around it.
12. How long do we have the reception room for?
Evening weddings can go as late as 1:00 am. Afternoon weddings must be completed by 3:00 pm.
13. Are there any charges if we run over our rental time?
Overtime charges may apply, please speak with a wedding specialist for full details.
14. Can we add more time to the Open Bar?
Of course!! Costs depend on your bar package. Please speak to your specialist for specifics.
15. How many guests are seated at each table?
We allow up to 10 guests per table.
16. What is the deposit, and when is it due to secure the date? Can you hold a date without a deposit?
The deposit amount depends on your contract details; you have two (2) weeks from the date you received the contract to return it signed with the deposit. If needed, your wedding specialist can hold the space up to 72 hours without a contract or deposit.
17. What is the schedule of payments?
The initial deposit is due with your signed contract; then there are two (2) payments from the time of the contract and the event.
The final payment is due - along with the final confirmed number of guests - 14 days before the event.
18. What types of payments do you take?
We accept cash, personal check, most major credit cards, money orders and certified checks for your Georgia wedding. The final payment cannot be made with a personal check.
19. Is my initial deposit an additional fee?
No, your deposit is credited towards your total wedding bill. It is not an additional fee. However, in the case of cancellation it is non-refundable.
20. What is the food and beverage minimum cost?
Every reception location has a food and beverage minimum. This varies per location and day of the week.
A food and beverage minimum is met through only food and beverage sales prior to taxes and taxable service charge. The price of the menu you select times the number of guests must meet or exceed the minimum for your reception location before taxable service charge and tax are added on.
For example, a certain venue may have a $12,000.00 food and beverage minimum and you have 100 guests. The menu you selected is $115.00 per person. So 100 people times $115.00 equals $15,000.00 so the minimum has been met.
21. What is the cancellation policy?
Should the event not be held at Lanier Islands or is canceled, you will be required to pay within thirty days after written notification to Lanier Islands of the cancellation, as follows:
- 0-14 days prior to event = Payment Owed is 100% of estimated revenue
- 15-90 days prior to event = Payment Owed is 75% of estimated revenue<br>
- 90-179 days prior to event = Payment Owed is 50% of estimated revenue<br>
- 180-269 days prior to event = Payment Owed is 25% of estimated revenue<br>
- 270-364 days prior to event = Payment Owed is 10% of estimated revenue<br>
- 365 or more days prior to event = No charge (except the non-refundable $1,000 deposit)
22. What happens if my numbers for attendees grow larger than what I contracted for?
We will do everything we can to relocate your ceremony or reception to a larger area based on availability. Food and Beverage minimums for the alternate area will apply. If we are unable to move your event to another area, other arrangements may need to be made such as tent rentals, etc.
23. Can I use my own caterer or do we have to use Lanier Islands catering?
Due to specific liability policies, Lanier Islands must provide all food and beverage with the exception of the wedding cake. However, we are aware of some weddings need to have special foods due to religious reasons, and this can be accommodated with your wedding specialist.
24. Can I taste the food before I decide on a menu?
Yes. You will be invited to our Quarterly Wedding Showcase. At the Showcase, you will be able to meet our preferred vendors and sample food from our menus.
25. What can you tell me about rehearsals?
We do not charge for your rehearsal the day before the wedding. If the original space is not available for the rehearsal, we will provide an alternative.
26. Does the bride & groom receive a complimentary nights stay?
Yes, a complimentary one night stay in a Legacy Lodge accommodation on the wedding night.
27. Are there a minimum number of rooms that must be contracted when booking a wedding?
No, overnight rooms are not required to have your wedding at Lake Lanier. You will need to sign a contract for a minimum of 5 rooms in order to receive a discounted rate. If all the rooms are not reserved, you will be held liable for those charges.
28. I have a lot of out of town guest, what is available on property to keep them busy
Our resort offers many activities for your guests. We offer golf, spa, boat rentals, ski equipment, fishing, tennis, walking and hiking trails, swimming pools, and horseback.