Legacy on Lanier Golf Club is the ideal locations for golf tournaments or group golf outings. Group golf packages include green fees, cart fees, range balls and parking fee. Tournament services include player registration, cart signs, proximity markers, scoring and contest holes. A variety of menus are available for refueling after your game.
Your tournament or outing will be arranged by our experienced and professional staff and can be customized to suite your group’s individual needs.
For reservations, please contact us at 678.318.7862.
- Players are invited to check their clubs with our professional cart staff. We tag each bag with personalized Legacy on Lanier Golf Club bag tags. Clubs will be placed on their respective golf carts while players visit registration. Players may access their clubs in the cart staging area and warm up at their own leisure.
- Golf Carts have players’ names visibly displayed. Each cart can be equipped with golf balls, tees, caps, towels or any other merchandise per your request at an additional cost. Carts are staged in close proximity to our practice facilities for your players’ convenience.
- Need club rentals? We have top quality sets of Mizuno, Titliest or Cobra clubs for those players that require a rental set. Let us know in advance and we can have the clubs awaiting them on their golf cart.
- Club cleaning service is available on request after players have completed their round.
- Legacy on Lanier Golf Club can arrange an area outdoors or indoors for tournament registration to be carried out by tournament volunteers or organizers. Or, in advance we can staff this opportunity for you with a trained member of our team. To aid in registration, we will provide tournament organizers with a comprehensive list of all participants and their starting assignments.
- For tournaments requiring handicaps, our golf course ranger shall travel the course to verify handicaps for every player in the tournament. This ensures that team and/or individual handicaps can be calculated accurately and the prize ceremony conducted after play is completed.
Breakfast Options (11:00am or earlier starts)
- Our standard breakfast is available to all players.
- Legacy on Lanier Breakfast Menu: Legacy Cathead Sausage Biscuits, Assorted Danish Pastries, Toasted Bagels with Cream Cheese, Blueberry, Banana and Pecan Muffins, Nutri-Grain Cereal Bars & Assorted Granola Bars. Choose from English breakfast, Earl Grey or other fine herbal Tea. Gourmet Coffee and a selection of breakfast juices are also available for your enjoyment.
- Additional breakfast offerings are available on request freshly prepared and presented from our Legacy Lodge Banquet Staff. We’ll be happy to provide pricing for your event.
- All tournament players will have complementary access to our practice facilities that provide breathtaking views of Lake Lanier before the first tournament ball is struck!
- The practice facility includes a short game area for chipping and bunker for players to sharpen their skills before the round.
- Our state-of-the-art Mini-Verde Bermuda greens are very quick and tricky to master. Hone in your putting skills on the oversized practice putting green.
Official Welcome & Tournament Rules
- A member of our Professional Staff will welcome all golfers and provide a brief but comprehensive overview of the tournament and local course rules. This ensures every golfer has a fun day on the shores of Lake Lanier.
- Closest to the Pin, Long Drive competitions, and any other variety of on course contests are explained and administered by our professional golf staff prior to the start.
- There are many different formats for which a golf tournament can be designed. This is a very important, and commonly overlooked, aspect of organizing a golf tournament. Players’ skill level and experience may require you to think more about the format you wish to play. Please contact PGA Head Professional Brian Conley to discuss a suitable format for your tournament at 678-318-7861.
- Tournament organizers are invited to speak prior to the start of the event with use of our PA System. This is the perfect opportunity to acknowledge and thank everyone who has worked to make your event possible such as sponsors and volunteers.
Beverage Cart Options
- We have 2 fully stocked beverage carts that can be used during the tournament. If there are any special requests for specific items to be placed for sale on the beverage cart then we will be happy to arrange this wherever possible. There is a vast selection of cold beers such as Bud Light, Budweiser, Miller Lite, Coors Lite, Yeungling, Heineken, & Amstel Light available. We also have premium liquors such as Crown Royal, Jack Daniels and Absolute Vodka.
Lunch at the Turn
- For tournaments starting in the morning, our standard lunch is on offer for players at the turn. Afternoon starts may enjoy the complementary fare prior to the start of their tournament.
- Legacy on Lanier Lunch Menu: Hot Dogs, Variety of Fresh Sandwiches (Roast Beef, Turkey & Swiss, Ham & Cheese, Tuna Salad, Pimento Cheese, Chicken Salad & Egg Salad), Mrs. Vickies Kettle Chips, Chocolate Chip Cookies, Popcorn and a variety of fountain soda drinks such as Coca-Cola, Fanta & Sprite.
- Generally we shall have the above food and beverage available up to 4pm to ensure everyone has at least one opportunity to access the buffet.
Scoring Tent Services
- Tournament scoring takes place next to the Legacy Golf Pavilion so all players can see how their teams have performed.
- Full tournament results are available only minutes after the last team has completed their round. Our PGA Professional Staff will display the scoring on custom designed hand-written scoreboards. We invite you to take the scoreboards as a souvenir of your event.
- Results can be emailed to tournament organizers at the conclusion of the event. Update your tournament website or Facebook page that same day.
- A Legacy Lodge Dinner Menu is available to provide players with an excellent fare to conclude a great event. Our Legacy Steak Grill Out is a very popular choice where our Legacy Lodge chefs grill choice steaks for tournament competitors, served in the Legacy Golf Pavilion overlooking the 18th green.
- Our culinary team is at your service designing a perfect menu for the post tournament dinner. Discuss any personal touches you wish to add with our Golf Sales Manager, Shoni Sibo. (678) 318-7862
Optional Evening Activities coming soon.
Tournament Photos & Customer Testimonials
"I can’t think of a nicer, more professionally run course in Atlanta, so having a tournament at Lanier Islands is a win-win for everyone."
-Phil Niekro (Former Atlanta Braves Pitcher and National Baseball Hall of Fame Member)
"Lanier Islands is the best place in Atlanta to hold a golf tournament. From dinner and casino cruise the night before to the golf tournament and the awards party, they handle the whole package and do it well. It’s all first class. Each staff member takes a personal interest in our tournament, anticipates our needs and takes care of each of them."
-Albert Tarcia (Chairman, Chick-Fil-A Bowl)
"I have loved working with Lanier Islands for many years. With all the new renovations at the hotel, villas and of course, the new Legacy on Lanier Golf Club....I can't imagine a better place to entertain our clients. The staff is so friendly and professional; I look forward to returning each year."
-Terri Middlebrooks (Mar-Jac Corporation)
"Legacy on Lanier Golf Club is a golf experience on Lanier Islands like you have never had before. It is guaranteed that you will have one of the best, most unique and spectacular golf outings in North Georgia."
-Alex Laidlaw (Holiday Marina)