Lanier Islands FAQ
Frequently Asked Questions About Our Luxury Resort
Browse our FAQs to gather all the information you might need about Lanier Islands before planning your vacation to our Georgia resort. If your question has not been answered here, feel free to contact us and one of our representatives will contact you shortly.
1. Are you pet friendly?
Yes we are! In fact, Lanier Islands warmly welcomes you and your well-trained pet!
• Pets must weigh less than 80 pounds
• There will be a $75 fee per stay for each pet. This fee will not apply to guide dogs or assistive dogs.
• If you do not have a pet bed for your dog or cat, please let us know. We will be happy to provide a mat and some welcome gifts for them through our Housekeeping services.
• Pets left unattended in the guest room when the guest leaves the hotel premises must be secured in a proper pet crate or carrier.
• Due to health regulations, your pet cannot join you in any of the Food and Beverage Outlets, the Pool, Fitness Center or LanierWorld (Family Fun Park, Big Beach or Sunset Cove).
We hope that both you and your pet enjoy your stay with us here at Lanier Islands!
2. Why is there a gate fee and what is it for?
We take great pride in the upkeep of our roads and sidewalks. The revenue generated from day gate entry is put back into that upkeep.
3. Why is there a Resort fee and what is it for?
The resort fee covers gratuities for maids, valet parking, local phone calls, 800 access calls, daily newspaper in lobby, in room coffee, unlimited use of fitness center and Wireless High-Speed Internet access throughout the hotel.
4. What is the discount for city/county employees, military?
Government and military discounts are available at Legacy Lodge based on availability. Certain blackout dates apply.
5. How do you get to Legacy Lodge by boat?
There is a courtesy dock located behind the lodge in the same cove as Harbor Marina. The coordinates are North 34º West 84º
6. What are the age, height and weight restrictions for the canopy tours?
For DAY TOURS you must be at least 8 years old and weigh between 50-250 lbs. For NIGHT TOURS you must be at least 12 years old weigh between 50-250 lbs.
7. What are the age, height and weight restrictions for the Equestrian Center?
Trail riders must be at least 7 years of age, 48 inches in height, and the weight limit is 225lbs. Pony rides are for kids ages 2-6 with a maximum weight of 80 lbs and the child must be guided by a parent/guardian.